Email marketing may seem to have lost its sheen with a few marketers, but it is still one of the most utilized channels for customer acquisition. And this is primarily owing to the comparatively low CAC (Customer Acquisition Cost) and the reach. Email marketing is one of the oldest channels for marketing and has evolved over many years with the advent of many powerful tools. It becomes slightly easier if your primary lead generation website is on WordPress. WordPress offers a plethora of plugins that you can easily activate with a click of button and start using it.
7 must have WordPress plugins that facilitates email marketing.
OptinMonster is being used by over 1 million websites over the world and offers options like Popups, Floating Bars, Scroll Boxes, Gamified Wheels etc. Their primary focus is on building your email list using the various form options they provide to get subscribers.
The key features of OptinMonster are:
- Highly customizable pop-up forms, subscription forms, sticky bars, side forms etc.
- A vast collection of ready-made templates.
- Super intuitive drag and drop builder.
- Targeting options like referrer detection, onsite re-targeting, cookie targeting, Geo location targeting etc.
The available targeting options can be used to deliver a close to personalized experience for your website visitors, which might reflect in improved conversion rates. The OptinMonster plugin has a free tier to help you get started and then a few paid plans with different tiers of functionality.
2. MailChimp for WordPress
MailChimp is one of the market leaders that provides a complete array of marketing tools for companies through all stages. The MailChimp plugin can be used to seamlessly connect to your website and utilize the different tools at your disposal. Also, there is a free tier for up to 2000 contacts that you can reach out to, using multiple channels.
The primary benefits are outlined below.
- The suite of tools is according to the stage your company is in, which helps you easily build a cohesive customer journey.
- MailChimp can work with other plugins which further extends its powerful capabilities.
- The products are optimized for mobile experiences.
The biggest threat to email marketing are bad email addresses and email bounces. So, it becomes imperative that you validate email addresses right at the source to have a good quality email database. Antideo Email Validator does a series of validation checks in real time to prevent inquires or signups.
Antideo Email Validator for WordPress can:
- Work automatically with most of the popular forms out of the box
- Check for disposable emails, generic emails and free emails
- Check for MX records and domain validity
- Setup local domain and email blacklists
The plugin allows unlimited free email validation checks and there is also a paid version that comes with more powerful features
SendinBlue offers cloud-based digital marketing tools to over 175,000 growing companies around the world primarily working with small and medium sized businesses. The free tier allows you to send up to 300 emails a day.
Their plugin is designed to help you:
- Easily tackle subscribers lists
- Design and customize your forms.
- Organize email campaigns.
- Access data & get reports.
- Powerful marketing automation capabilities
You would need to sign up for a SendinBlue account and get your key in order to be able to use the plugin.
5. HubSpot WordPress Plugin
HubSpot is one of the very well-known names within the marketing space and especially email marketing. Also, they focus on the different experiences across the customer journey geared at optimizing the conversion by building customer engagement.
The specialties of the HubSpot plugin are as follows:
- Drag-and-drop interface to build forms and pop-ups.
- Extensive library of templates.
- Comes with a CRM.
- Rules based automated emails.
- Detailed analytics.
HubSpot has a free plan that can get your started with the option to upgrade as you grow the marketing strategy.
Sumo is the most powerful tool to grow your email list, increase conversions, and generate more sales for online businesses. More than 37,000 online businesses use Sumo to convert more purchases and delight their customers.
The most prominent benefits include;
- Configurable pop-ups
- Transactional emails
- Out of the box integration with eCommerce storefronts
- Big stock of easy to use templates.
- Pinpoint ROI from every subscriber
The plugin is free to use up-to 10000 emails a month and thereafter you can upgrade for more firepower.
7. Ninja Forms
Forms are a critical element of email marketing as forms help you build your subscriber list or gather your subscribers. Ninja Forms are easy to implement, you do not really need any technical skills to get going. Also, their form builder is easy to setup and design according to the needs of your website.
The key benefits include:
- Intuitive form builder
- Customizable forms
- Template library
- Mobile optimized
There are thousands of plugins out there and based on your target audience, you should choose the right combination of plugins. The plugins listed above are tools that an email marketer can use to build a high converting customer journey.
- 2 mins read
Subscribe to Our Blog
I want the latest update in...